This 1 inch fire hose is made for firefighting or heavy duty water transfer per NFPA standards. It can be attached to pumps, fire hoses, hydrants, PVC pipes that are equipped with 1" fittings. Alternatively, it can be adapted to fit any of the above mentioned with simple pipe or hose adapters.
- High pressure 250 PSI service rating and lightweight single jacket construction lead to a higher performing hose.
- Can easily be attached to 1" outlets such as pumps, hydrants, valves, PVC pipes with standard hose (NH) or pipe threads (IPT/NPSH/NPT).
- Aluminum couplings are three times stronger than brass and weigh less. Move faster in demanding situations.
- Woven polyester material never needs drying and can be stored wet. Hose is immune to mold and rot. Can be stored for long periods of time without degradation.
- Can be run over with large trucks without bursting - even while pressurized.
- Strong inside rubber lining leads to less friction loss and more water flow.
- Operate in extreme temperatures without worry -40 degrees F to 180 degrees F.
- Service Pressure - 250 psi
- Test Pressure - 500 psi
- Burst Pressure - 750 psi
- Inside Diameter - 1" Inches
- Lay Flat Width - About 1.75" Inches
- Length - 50 Feet - 100 Feet
- Couplings - Choose NH/NST (Fire Hose Threads) or NPSH (Straight Pipe Threads)
- Material - Single Jacket Polyester
- Lining - Inside Rubber
- Color - White, Red, Or Yellow
Usually these single jacket fire hoses are kept on hand in departments or construction sites for medium duty jobs. Structural firefighters typically choose larger double jacket hoses for firefighting for the added durability and longer lifespan. But these single jacket hoses are the more economical choice if you're willing to forego the longer lifespan of double jacket hoses.
- Fire Departments
- Heavy Duty Industrial Projects
- General Water Pumping
- Agricultural / Irrigation
- Wash Down
- Fire Hydrants
- Sump & Trash Pumps
- Valves & Standpipes
If you're moving these hoses around day to day, 50 foot lengths are the best way to go. They are lightweight enough to carry around and roll up. For applications where you set the hoses for extended periods of time, the 100 foot lengths are more economical.
Will This Hose Fit My Outlet? Which Connectors Do I need?
- At the top of the page you need to select which style of fittings you need.
- What are NH/NST Fittings? National Hose / National Standard Thread - Standard fire hose fittings. Both NH and NST are the same thing. This is the most common size for fire departments today.
- What are NPSH Fittings? National Pipe For Straight Hose - These are straight pipe fittings. They're compatible with all standard pipe threads including NPT, NPSM, PVC, NPSH. NPT notes - a female NPSH will connect onto a male NPT fitting, but a female NPT fitting will not connect onto a male NPSH fitting.
Can I Use A Nozzle With This Hose?
Absolutely you can! 1 Inch fire hoses are designed to work with spray nozzles. For this particular hose, you'll need a 1 inch fire hose nozzle equipped with 1" fittings.
You can check the nozzles section here. Spray nozzles are normally used for wash down, emergency fire fighting, dust control, transferring water to hard to reach places, or even as a shut off valve.
A true firefighting nozzle will be constructed from high quality metals and have higher psi ratings. The popular plastic red fire nozzles are made for residential uses and should only be used for firefighting in emergencies. They are rated to handle 100psi (NFPA requirements for firefighting) and has 3 settings: straight stream, fog, and shut off. Check the graphic below for a better look.
All products are shipped within 24 hours of ordering Monday-Friday unless otherwise specified on the individual product description page. Your tracking number will be sent via email. Your item will ship from one of our three warehouses (California, Ohio, New York) depending on your location. Most orders ship with USPS Air Priority, UPS Ground, or FedEx Ground. Most items ship free. Used items may have additional shipping & handling charges. If you need express shipping, please call us 1 (510) 214-3093 and ask us for help.
Returns on most new and unused items are accepted within 30 days of purchase for unless otherwise posted as "Special Order Items or Custom Items or Used Item" in the product description. Buyer pays shipping for returns. 15% restocking fee is applied to all returns. Please ship your items to Fire Hose Supply -ATTN: Returns, 437 Ohio Ave, Richmond, CA, 94804.
✔️ Special Order & International Order Items
Special order & international order items cannot be cancelled or returned. Please make sure you are 100% sure of the product specifications you are ordering. If you don't fully understand the products you are ordering, please ask us for help to confirm the correct specifications you're looking for. Special order items are usually non-standard parts or bulk orders that are custom made directly from the factory.