Lightweight 1-1/2” fire hose designed for fast acting situations
Designed for rigorous forestry firefighting applications. Features ring-spun polyester for added abrasion resistance. Lightweight construction. Yellow. First article tested and USDA approved, 5100-187c Type 2 Compliant. 600 test pressure; 900 burst pressure
- "Type II" Lightweight Forestry Hose is impregnated with a yellow "Key-Lok" polyurethane polymer to keep the hose mildew resistant and more durable.
- High pressure 300psi service rating and lightweight single jacket construction lead to a higher performing hose.
- Can easily be attached to 1-1/2" outlets such as pumps, hydrants, valves, PVC pipes with standard pipe threads (NH/NST/IPT/NPSH/NPT/NPSM).
- Aluminum couplings are three times stronger than brass and weigh less. Move faster in demanding situations.
- Lightweight, extremely flexible and easy to pack
- Excellent heat, abrasion and puncture resistance
- Manufactured in accordance with NFPA 1961
- Meets USDA-US Forestry Service Specification 5100-187 Type 2
- Maintenance free, requires no drying and is mildew resistant
- Can be run over with large trucks without bursting - even while pressurized.
- Strong inside rubber lining leads to less friction loss and more water flow.
- Operate in extreme temperatures without worry -40 degrees F to 180 degrees F.
- Warranty - 5 Year Service Life
- Service Pressure - 300 psi
- Test Pressure - 600 psi
- Burst Pressure - 900 psi
- Inside Diameter - 1-1/2" Inches
- Lay Flat Width - About 2-3/4” Inches
- Length - 50 Feet - 100 Feet
- Approx. Coupled Weight - 50 Feet (9.5 lbs) / 100 Feet (14.5 lbs)
- Couplings - NH / NST (Fire Hose Threads) or IPT / NPSH (Straight Pipe Threads)
- Material - Single Jacket Polyester
- Lining - Polyurethane
- Color - Yellow With "Key-Lok" Polymer Impregnation For Strength & Mildew Resistance
Usually these single jacket fire hoses are kept on hand in municipal & forestry departments or construction sites for heavy duty jobs. Structural firefighters typically choose larger double jacket hoses for firefighting for the added durability and longer lifespan. But these wildland hoses are the best choice if you need high flexibility and speed in hectic brushed situations. The type II hoses are designed to be hauled off in your carrying packs when you're running toward the action.
- Fire Departments
- Heavy Duty Industrial Projects
- General Water Pumping
- Agricultural / Irrigation
- Wash Down
- Fire Hydrants
- Sump & Trash Pumps
- Valves & Standpipes
If you're moving these hoses around day to day, 50 foot lengths are the best way to go. They are lightweight enough to carry around and roll up. For applications where you set the hoses for extended periods of time, the 100 foot lengths are more economical.
Will This Hose Fit My Outlet? Which Connectors Do I need?
- At the top of the page you need to select which style of fittings you need.
- What are NH/NST Fittings? National Hose / National Standard Thread - Standard fire hose fittings. Both NH and NST are the same thing. This is the most common size for fire departments today.
- What are NPSH Fittings? National Pipe For Straight Hose - These are straight pipe fittings. They're compatible with all standard pipe threads including NPT, NPSM, PVC, NPSH. NPT notes - a female NPSH will connect onto a male NPT fitting, but a female NPT fitting will not connect onto a male NPSH fitting.
Can I Use A Nozzle With This Hose?
Absolutely you can! 1-1/2” Inch fire hoses are designed to work with spray nozzles. For this particular hose, you'll need a 1-1/2 inch fire hose nozzle equipped with 1-1/2" fittings.
You can check the nozzles section here. Spray nozzles are normally used for wash down, emergency fire fighting, dust control, transferring water to hard to reach places, or even as a shut off valve.
A true firefighting nozzle will be constructed from high quality metals and have higher psi ratings. The popular plastic red fire nozzles are made for residential uses and should only be used for firefighting in emergencies. They are rated to handle 100psi (NFPA requirements for firefighting) and has 3 settings: straight stream, fog, and shut off. Check the graphic below for a better look.
The jackets will be woven evenly and be free of defects, including knots, lumps, or unsightly disfigurations that could jeopardize the integrity of the hose assembly. The warp yarn shall consist of ring spun polyester yarn. The use of filament or entangled yarn is expressly forbidden due to the lack of inherent abrasion resistance. The filler yarns shall be constructed of high strength, low elongation, filament polyester to reduce weight and increase flexibility. The jacket construction shall be a 1-2 woven twill pattern with the 2 over-crossing on the exterior of the jacket.
Hose assemblies are available with polymer impregnation that provide additional abrasion resistance. Standard color: yellow. Color shall be pure and even in each hose. Impregnated hose shall meet the requirements of USDA 5100-187 for abrasion resistance.
The lining shall be a single-ply extruded tube of synthetic polyurethane to resist zone. The polyurethane tube shall adhere to the jacket to prevent delamination. The finished product will meet and exceed all potable water Mil-H-24606B standards for the manufacturing of lightweight fire hose. The use of the polyurethane lined fire hose is designed to increase packing ability and applications where lightweight fire hose is desired. Key Type 2 may be manufactured with a thin-wall high tensile 1800 PSI EPDM rubber liner. Rubber lined products are an accepted alternative to polyurethane lined hose in accordance with 5100-187c Type 2 specifications.
The minimum burst test pressure, when tested in accordance to NFPA 1961, on Key Type 2 diameters shall be 900 PSI/62 Bar. Service test pressures stenciled on the hose shall be in accordance with current minimum requirements of NFPA 1962. A valid USA/ULC Underwriters listing shall be in force. Lengths available up to 100 feet.
All products are shipped within 24 hours of ordering Monday-Friday unless otherwise specified on the individual product description page. Your tracking number will be sent via email. Your item will ship from one of our three warehouses (California, Ohio, New York) depending on your location. Most orders ship with USPS Air Priority, UPS Ground, or FedEx Ground. Most items ship free. Used items may have additional shipping & handling charges. If you need express shipping, please call us 1 (510) 237-5000 and ask us for help.
Returns on most new & used items are accepted within 30 days of purchase for ANY reason unless otherwise posted "SOLD AS IS" or "THIS PRODUCT DOES NOT INCLUDE A WARRANTY" in the product description. Buyer pays shipping for returns. Please ship your items to Fire Hose Supply -ATTN: Returns, 473 Ohio Ave, Richmond, CA, 94804.
✔️Special Order Items
Special order items cannot be cancelled or returned. They will always be covered under their listed warranty. Product warranties are listed toward the bottom of each product description page. Special order items are usually non-standard parts or bulk orders that are custom made directly from the factory. If you are unsure about your items, always contact us before your purchase +1(510) 237-5000 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Complete the form below