Using 1" Red Single Layer Fire Hose Without Fittings
An uncoupled fire hose is a fully functioning fire hose without the connector ends. There's many reasons someone would want a fire hose without the connectors. Here's just a few:
- You already have your own 1" Inch couplings and you can connect them yourself.
- You're using it for something other than fire-fighting or water transfer.
- You're looking for raw and finished fire hose materials because it's strong and great for all applications.
- You don't need couplings because you just want to clamp your hose onto a pipe or shank outlet.
- Equipment protection; used as a "sleeve" over expensive industrial equipment. There's no better material than thick polyester fire hose.
- Service Pressure - 250 psi
- Test Pressure - 500 psi
- Burst Pressure - 750 psi
- Inside Diameter - 1" Inches
- Lay Flat Width - About 1-3/4" Inches
- Available Length - 25 Feet, 50 Feet, 75 Feet, 100 Feet (Bulk Pricing Available In Length Selection Menu)
- Couplings - Uncoupled (No Fittings) - Compatible With 1" Inch Fittings
- Material - Single Jacket Woven Polyester
- Waterproof Lining - Inside Rubber EPDM
- Color - Red (Color Treatment Gives Hose Extra Durability)
- Expected Lifespan: 10 Years.
- Warranty: 5 Years
- Standards: Meets Or Exceeds NFPA 1961 Standards
What Is A Single Layered Fire Hose?
Fire hoses come in two styles: single and double "jacket" or "layer". The difference is just that, single or double layers. Adding an extra layer to your fire hose doubles the lifespan and gives it a higher service pressure rating. Our single jackets fire hoses have a service pressure of 250 PSI, whereas double jacket hoses are 400 PSI. With these key differences, you can easily choose which is best for your application.
This fire hose is a single jacket hose. It's great if you're looking for a lightweight and flexible hose for medium and heavy duty applications. It's also more economical than it's double jacketed brother. Both hoses are incredibly strong and can easily withstand heavy use. Double jackets have double the lifespan with normal use.
- High pressure 250psi service rating and lightweight single jacket construction lead to a higher performing hose.
- Woven polyester material never needs drying and can be stored wet. Hose is immune to mold and rot. Can be stored for long periods of time without degradation.
- Can be run over with large trucks without bursting - even while pressurized.
- Strong inside rubber lining leads to less friction loss and more water flow.
- Operate in extreme temperatures without worry -40 degrees F to 180 degrees F.
This fire hose will not disappoint. The abrasion resistant, heavy duty single jacket hose provides the durability you need for applications requiring prolonged storage. Manufactured per NFPA 1961 and Factory Mutual standards, single jacket fire hose assemblies feature spun polyester yarn that offers superior strength and wear characteristics. If required, couplings for single wall hoses are available with expansion ring-threaded aluminum or brass, Storz, shank-threaded, or cam lock styles.
Have questions about this hose? Give us a call or email anytime 1 (510) 237-5000 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Our normal operating hours are Monday-Friday 9:00am - 5:00pm.
All products are shipped within 24 hours of ordering Monday-Friday unless otherwise specified on the individual product description page. Your tracking number will be sent via email. Your item will ship from one of our three warehouses (California, Ohio, New York) depending on your location. Most orders ship with USPS Air Priority, UPS Ground, or FedEx Ground. Most items ship free. Used items may have additional shipping & handling charges. If you need express shipping, please call us 1 (510) 237-5000 and ask us for help.
Returns on most new & used items are accepted within 30 days of purchase for ANY reason unless otherwise posted "SOLD AS IS" or "THIS PRODUCT DOES NOT INCLUDE A WARRANTY" in the product description. Buyer pays shipping for returns. 15% restocking fee is applied to all returns. Please ship your items to Fire Hose Supply -ATTN: Returns, 437 Ohio Ave, Richmond, CA, 94804.
✔️ Special Order & International Order Items
Special order & international order items cannot be cancelled or returned. Please make sure you are 100% sure of the product specifications you are ordering. If you don't fully understand the products you are ordering, please ask us for help to confirm the correct specifications you're looking for. Special order items are usually non-standard parts or bulk orders that are custom made directly from the factory.