The Blue 1-1/2" x 75' Feet Double Jacket Fire Hose With Aluminum Fittings
This is one of the toughest hoses you can find. The aluminum fittings are designed to fit fire hose or pipe threads. If you're looking for the strongest best quality hose, this is the one. It handles the highest working pressures and comes standard with a 10 year warranty. Double layered hoses are used in fire departments and heavy duty industrial applications.
|Hose Diameter||2-1/2" Inch
|Coupling Side 1||2-1/2" NPSH or NH-NST Female
|Coupling Side 2||2-1/2" NPSH or NH-NST Male
|Coupling Material||6061-T6 Anodized Aluminum|
|Lay Flat Width||4-1/2" Inch
|Available Length||25 • 50 • 75 • 100 Feet
|Service Pressure||400 PSI
|Test Pressure||800 PSI
|Burst Pressure||1200 PSI
|Weight Uncoupled||0.42 lbs/ft
|Material||Double Layer Polyester|
NH (NST) stands for National Hose (National Standard Thread). NH (NST) is a fire hose thread which is the most common fire hose fitting in the USA. When dealing with NH (NST), you should remember a few simple rules:
- NH (NST) is only compatible with NH (NST) and will not fit straight pipe threads.
- USA fire hydrants usually are fitted with NH (NST) fittings.
- USA fire departments usually choose NH (NST) fittings.
NPSH stands for National Pipe Straight Hose. NPSH is a straight pipe thread which will fit onto most pipe standard pipe threads. It's a very common fitting in USA industry. When dealing with NPSH, you should remember a few simple rules:
- NPSH female will fit onto any male pipe threads including: NPSH • NPT • PVC • IPT
- NPSH male will fit onto straight female pipe threads including: NPSH • PVC • IPT
- NPSH male will not fit onto tapered female pipe threads including: NPT
Applications For Double Jacket Fire Hose
Professionals in the industry know they can count on double jacket fire hoses because they will pass all certification inspections and meet all requirements for safety. If you have a tough job, you need a tough hose. Polyester hoses are tightly woven and extensively treated to withstand the most heavy use with ease. The lightweight, flexible, and abrasion resistant properties of hoses make it a popular choice for various industries:
- Fire Departments (Municipal • Structural • Volunteer • Forestry)
- Heavy Industrial Projects (Irrigation • Construction • Chemical • Oil • Manufacturing)
- Residential & Commercial (Fire Hydrants • Water Pumps • Drainage • Standpipes • Testing)
- Special Industry (Marine • Shipping • Mining • Military • Drilling • Decontamination)
- Government (Military • US Coast Guard • Infrastructure • National Parks)
Differences Between Single & Double Layered Fire Hoses
The difference between single and double jacket hoses is the layers. Simply put, double the layers means double the strength and double the lifespan. Single jacket hoses contain a single layered polyester jacket with a rubber liner, and a double jacket hose has an extra layer of polyester pulled over it making it double the thickness. Both have their advantages.
- Single jacket fire hoses are suitable when you need a lightweight and more economical hose. The working pressure is 250 PSI.
- Double jacket fire hoses are built for long term heavy abrasion. They have double the life of a single jacket hose and have an excellent working pressure of 400 PSI.
- Both hoses have treated polyester materials which are 100% mildew & mold immune and will never require drying; pack them away wet.
Industry Standards & Features
If you're in heavy industry sector, this is the hose you're looking for. Looking to pass inspections? Our double jacket hoses meet all certification expectations: NFPA, Underwriter Laboratories, Factory Mutual, Military Spec, Etc. They meet and exceed all abrasion resistance, minimum burst pressure, and coupling requirements to be qualified for fire service. There is no stronger or better hose than a polyester double jacket fire hose. The professionals are always looking for these heavy duty double jacket hoses because they know it will get the job done. Always 100% made in the USA.
|Applications||Fire • Heavy Industrial
|Attributes||Mildew • Chemical • UV Resistant
|Couplings||Anodized Aluminum 99.97% Lead Free
|NFPA Standards||1961 & 1962
|Underwriter Laboratories||UL Listed To 400 PSI
|FM Standards||FM Approved
|Finishing||Steadfast Coating For Extra Durability
|Origin||🇺🇸 100% Made In The USA|
Spray Nozzle Compatibility
The 1-1/2" hose size is compatible with 1-1/2" spray nozzles. Whether you're doing industrial wash down or structural firefighting this hose is compatible with all types of nozzles. Typical fire hose nozzles are made with 1-1/2" NPSH or NH (NST) threads, and will fit directly onto the male end of the fire or discharge hose. Refer to the chart below for a list of commonly manufactured nozzles.
All products are shipped within 24 hours of ordering Monday-Friday unless otherwise specified on the individual product description page. Your tracking number will be sent via email. Your item will ship from one of our three warehouses (California, Ohio, New York) depending on your location. Most orders ship with USPS Air Priority, UPS Ground, or FedEx Ground. Most items ship free. Used items may have additional shipping & handling charges. If you need express shipping, please call us 1 (510) 237-5000 and ask us for help.
Returns on most new & used items are accepted within 30 days of purchase for ANY reason unless otherwise posted "SOLD AS IS" or "THIS PRODUCT DOES NOT INCLUDE A WARRANTY" in the product description. Buyer pays shipping for returns. Please ship your items to Fire Hose Supply -ATTN: Returns, 437 Ohio Ave, Richmond, CA, 94804.
✔️Special Order & International Order Items
Special order & international order items cannot be cancelled or returned. Please make sure you are 100% sure of the product specifications you are ordering. If you don't fully understand the products you are ordering, please ask us for help to confirm the correct specifications you're looking for. Special order items are usually non-standard parts or bulk orders that are custom made directly from the factory.