Double Jacket LDH Fire Hose Advantages
The strongest woven hose you can find in 4" diameter, with DUAL layers of polyester hose. It's just like having two hoses combined into one.
This 4 inch fire hose is made for firefighting per NFPA standards.
It attaches to pumps, fire hoses, hydrants, PVC pipes that are equipped with 4" fittings. Alternatively, it can be adapted to fit any of the above mentioned with simple pipe or hose adapters.
- Higher service pressure (400psi) than it's single jacket counterpart (250psi) while remaining lightweight.
- Can easily be attached to 4" outlets such as pumps, hydrants, valves, PVC pipes with standard hose (NH) or pipe threads (IPT/NPSH/NPT).
- Aluminum couplings are three times stronger than brass and weigh less. Move faster in demanding situations.
- Woven polyester material never needs drying and can be stored wet. Hose is immune to mold and rot. Can be stored for long periods of time without degradation.
- Can be run over with large trucks without bursting - even while pressurized.
- Strong inside rubber lining leads to less friction loss and more water flow.
- Operate in extreme temperatures without worry -40 degrees F to 180 degrees F.
- Service Pressure - 400 psi
- Test Pressure - 800 psi
- Burst Pressure - 1200 psi
- Inside Diameter - 4" Inches
- Lay Flat Width - About 6.5" Inches
- Length - 25 Feet / 50 Feet / 75 Feet / 100 Feet
- Couplings - Choose NH/NST (Fire Hose Threads) or NPSH (Straight Pipe Threads)
- Material - Double Jacket Polyester
- Lining - Inside Rubber
- Color - White, Red, Or Yellow
Double jacket fire hoses are kept on hand in almost every municipal fire department. Structural firefighters choose double jacket hoses for the added durability and longer lifespan. It's the standard hose!
- Fire Departments
- Heavy Duty Industrial Projects
- General Water Pumping
- Agricultural / Irrigation
- Wash Down
- Fire Hydrants
- Sump & Trash Pumps
- Valves & Standpipes
If you're moving these hoses around day to day, 50 foot lengths are the best way to go. They are lightweight enough to carry around and roll up. For applications where you set the hoses for extended periods of time, the 100 foot lengths are more economical.
Will This Hose Fit My Outlet? Which Connectors Do I need?
- At the top of the page you need to select which style of fittings you need.
- What are NH/NST Fittings? National Hose / National Standard Thread - Standard fire hose fittings. Both NH and NST are the same thing. This is the most common size for fire departments today.
- What are NPSH Fittings? National Pipe For Straight Hose - These are straight pipe fittings. They're compatible with all standard pipe threads including NPT, NPSM, PVC, NPSH. NPT notes - a female NPSH will connect onto a male NPT fitting, but a female NPT fitting will not connect onto a male NPSH fitting.
All products are shipped within 24 hours of ordering Monday-Friday unless otherwise specified on the individual product description page. Your tracking number will be sent via email. Your item will ship from one of our three warehouses (California, Ohio, New York) depending on your location. Most orders ship with USPS Air Priority, UPS Ground, or FedEx Ground. Most items ship free. Used items may have additional shipping & handling charges. If you need express shipping, please call us 1 (510) 237-5000 and ask us for help.
Returns on most new & used items are accepted within 30 days of purchase for ANY reason unless otherwise posted "SOLD AS IS" or "THIS PRODUCT DOES NOT INCLUDE A WARRANTY" in the product description. Buyer pays shipping for returns. 15% restocking fee is applied to all returns. Please ship your items to Fire Hose Supply -ATTN: Returns, 437 Ohio Ave, Richmond, CA, 94804.
✔️ Special Order & International Order Items
Special order & international order items cannot be cancelled or returned. Please make sure you are 100% sure of the product specifications you are ordering. If you don't fully understand the products you are ordering, please ask us for help to confirm the correct specifications you're looking for. Special order items are usually non-standard parts or bulk orders that are custom made directly from the factory.