At the end of the day a is a piece of equipment. Just the way you want to properly clean your in order to extend fire hose life, it's a good idea to check out some of these "Do's and Don'ts" to ensure that your Fire Hose is being properly maintained. A lot of these great tips for your will help prevent short term and long term damage.
Do: Before breaking loose couplings, but after you shut off dumps & hydrants, remove any normal twisting that occurs when Fire Hose is pressurized.
Don’t: Do not drag along edge or fold.
- This will cause scruff or cut on outer jacket in the folded area of.
Completely drain Fire Hose of water.
Don’t: Do not drag with water in line this will cause premature wear and tear, we don’t want that to happen to you!
Do: Drag along its flat surface.
- The abrasion will be distributed over a larger surface area.
Don’t: Do not drag that is kinked over itself.
- This concentrates & accelerates abrasion damage on the.
Do: Reload only thoroughly dried.
Don't: Do not use a pressure washer to clean.
Do: Thoroughly drain & dry before storing.
Don't: Do not store wrapped in plastic material or bags.
Don't: Do not store with stretch wrap or any air-tight environment.
Don't: Do not store in direct sunlight or in poorly-ventilated areas! This will cause the damage, so please do not do it.
Do: Load by laying it flat
Don't: Do not – lay on edge with folds in contact with the bed.
Do: Lay in bed by laying in alternating layers.
- This helps prevent roughness of the Fire hose in the Fire Hose bed.
Do: Walk at least 15 feet to the left side (facing the free end) of a being tested.
Don't: Do not walk on the right side (facing free end) or straddle being pressure tested.
DO: Remove & reload in bed every six months
- Folds occur in different locations along the
- This will help prevent wear and tear on
- Allows visual inspection of, this will help you track all of those!
DO: Roll with male coupling inside roll to protect threads
- If male coupling must be on outside, use a protective cap over threads to protect
DO: Use bridge whenever necessary for vehicles to drive over any
- This will help protect your and preserve the longevity.,
DO: Open & close valves slowly on a LDH, commonly known as a Large Diameter.